Telangana – the recently developed state – one of the 29th states in India, is located in southern part of the nation that was divided from Andhra Pradesh in the month of June 2014 as the youngest states in India. Being the 12th largest state in the nation, it is the most populated state in India; while its main cities are the industrial hub in southern part of the nation. These cities include Hyderabad, Warangal, Khammam, Karimnagar, Nizamabad and various others. The state has been sharing its borders with the state of Maharashtra to the north and North West, Chhattisgarh to the north and Karnataka to the west. Andhra Pradesh is in east and southern part. Telugu is the main language here; while you will see locals communicating frequently in Hindi and English too.
The beautiful and youngest state in India has three national parks that include Kasu Brahmananda Reddy National Park in Hyderabad District, Mahavir Harina Vanasthali Nationa Park and Mrugavani National Park in Ranga Reddy District.
Wildlife Sanctuaries in Telangana are the following
- Eturunagaram Wildlife Sanctuary and Pakhal Wildlife Sanctuary in Warangal District
- Kawal Tiger Reserve and Pranahita Wildlife Sanctuary in Adilabad district
- Kinnerasani Wildlife Sanctuary in Khammam district
- Manjira Wildlife Sanctuary in Medak district
- Nagarjunsagar-Srisailam Tiger Reserve in Nalgonda and Mahbubnagar districts
- Pocharam Wildlife Sanctuary in Medak and Nizamabad districts
- Shivaram Wildlife Sanctuary in Karimnagar district
Some of the attractive monuments that you will see here are Charminar, Golconda Fort, Qutb Shahi Tombs, Chowmahalla Palace, Falaknuma Palace, Birla Mandir and Nagarjun sagar. In adiotn to this, you will also see Bhongir Fort, Warangal Fort, Khammam Fort, Bhuvangiri Fort are some of the monuments in and around Hyderabad.
Religious Places in Telangana
There are various religious worship centers of different religions like Bhadrachalam Temple, Gnana Saraswati Temple, Yadagirigutta Temple, Ramappa Temple, Vemulawada Raja Rajeswara temple, the Thousand Pillar Temple. In addition to this, you will also see Diocese of Dornakal of the Church of South India, Bahe Church of South India, and Medak Cathedral. Buddhist destinations are also popular like Nelakondapalli, Dhulikatta, Phanigiri and Kolanpaka.
Waterfalls in Telangana
You will also see a number of wonderful waterfalls like Kuntala Waterfall in Adilabad District – the highest waterfall in the state.
- Bogatha Waterfall – It is another wonderful and beautiful waterfall in Koyaveerapuram G, Wazeedu Mandal, Khammam district, Telangana.
- Don’t miss to explore Savatula Gundam Waterfalls – that are one of the many waterfalls located in Adilabad district.
- Not to mention Gowri Gundaala waterfalls at sabitham village near Ramagundam in Peddapalli district.
You have to choose the right Telangana tour packages according to your choice, go through the details and enjoy the real pleasure of your tour to this youngest state in the nation.